Basics and easiest
- Do not use Admin or administrator as a username
- Use strong password
- Login Lockdown like Limit Login Attempts
- Keep everything up to date and backup regularly
- Hide Login+
- or Better WP Security (also does file monitoring)
- or BulletProof Security
- or Wordfence Security
- or just WordPress File Monitor Plus
More Secure login using:
Stop using passwords.
Clef is a mobile app that replaces user names and passwords with your smartphone.
Also whats really cool is with multiple WordPress sites, once logged with Clef, you’re also logged into all the other WordPress sites (using Clef)…
And you can remotely log out from all sites from your smartphone too!
Check Clef out….
So myStuff WordPress is loaded, now lets start adding a couple of my favorite plugins:
- Akismet – Let’s enable it since this blog will be open to comments
- InfiniteWP – A great multi-WordPress management / admin tool which I used to load all the plugins here.
- Limit Login Attempts – To prevent some Brute-force attack. I did change increase the lock out minutes and enable email to admin.
- WordPress SEO – A must have and you need to configure it correctly including setting up Google Webmaster tools, Bing Webmaster tools and the socials to enable Open Graph.
- WP Smush.it – If you dont optimize and compress your images or Imsanity if need to automatically resize huge images
Plugins that I have loaded but only activate when needed
- WP-Optimize – To clean up my DB
Visit myStuff on…